If you or a family member was injured in a motorcycle accident caused by a negligent driver, contact our lawyer from Des Moines Injury Law LLP to learn how we can help you get the compensation you deserve for your damages. We have represented the legal needs of the community for many years and helped injury victims receive settlements from those responsible for harming them. To learn more about the legal services offered by our motorcycle accident law firm in Des Moines, IA, give us a call today. We offer injury victims a free initial consultation to discuss their case and learn how we might assist in filing a claim or pursuing a civil lawsuit against the responsible party.
Whether you are new to riding bikes or are a veteran rider, avoiding accidents is preferable to seeking compensation after an accident. Avoidance is key. Anticipating the potential actions of negligent motorists requires constant diligence. Motorcycle accident injuries are often fatal, and even when the rider survives, the resulting injuries may be permanent and chronically painful. Contact the Des Moines, IA motorcycle accident law firm at Des Moines Injury Law LLP without delay if you were injured by another driver. If you have not been injured, here are some tips to help you stay safe while on the road:
- Motorists often have difficulty noticing motorcycles and their riders while sharing the road. To help them see you, make sure your headlight, brake, and turn signal lights are working and brightly lit. Replace weak bulbs and keep the protective housing clean to maximize brightness.
- Our Des Moines, IA motorcycle accident law firm wants you to know that when working on your bike, park in an area that is not accessible to passing motorists, particularly those travelling at a high rate of speed. If you are forced to work on it on the shoulder of a highway, pull over as far as possible and try to keep your bike between you and traffic.
- Before hitting the road, perform a brief check of critical systems such as the brakes, turning ability, etc.
- Des Moines, IA motorcycle accident law firms recommend that you wear a D.O.T.-approved helmet and replace it before the expiration date. The expiration date reflects an estimation of when the helmet’s materials will break down and no longer be as effective, even if visually it does not appear to have degraded.
- Drive defensively. An effective approach is to assume that nobody else on the road sees you and will therefore possibly pull directly in front of you or cut you off or take your lane. Make eye contact whenever possible with other drivers as this may help them to remember your presence when they decide to change speed or direction.
- Des Moines, IA motorcycle accident law firms suggest that you keep your bike working and in top condition, whether you perform the work yourself or take it into a mechanic who specializes in motorcycles. This includes maintenance and replacement of worn or uneven tires. If you live in an area where snow falls and you ride during the shoulder season, consider keeping the bike in the garage on days when the road surface is not clear of ice, snow, or melting snow.
Our motorcycle accident lawyer in Des Moines, IA will tell you that, for motorcycle enthusiasts, enjoying the ride can come with some form of risk. The attorneys at our motorcycle accident law firm Des Moines, IA has to offer are equipped with the experience you require when faced with such a situation. When you choose Des Moines Injury Law to represent you in your motorcycle accident, we will work tirelessly by your side to help you gather evidence and prove your case.
If you have been injured while on a motorcycle, a motorcycle accident law firm Des Moines, IA respects, such as Des Moines Injury Law, LLP, is ready to provide you with the consultation you require. This time with us will prove to you, our ability to help you make smart, well thought out strategies for moving forward.